10 Mouthwatering Candies That You Can Make At Home September 29 2014, 0 Comments
Candy is something that you can buy pretty much anywhere these days, but making your own can still be a lot of fun. You can also make unique candies with interesting ingredients that you just can’t buy – at least not without spending tons of cash at a gourmet market or candy shop.
Use this list of 10 mouthwatering candies you can make at home to help you pick the perfect recipe:
1. Brigaderios. Basically balls of fudge that are so decadent you’ll want to eat more than one, Brigaderios are a Brazilian candy perfect for ending a gourmet meal in style.
2. Peppermint caramels. Made with a basic recipe and then topped with peppermint flakes, this unique candy is ideal for holiday gifts.
3. White chocolate and mint truffles. Decadently rich and extremely satisfying, white chocolate and mint truffles are easier to make than you think, even if they look pretty fancy.
4. Candied pecans. Something so simple shouldn't be so good but you’ll have a hard time keeping these around the house for long.
5. Caramel corn. Add chocolate chips for a twist on this classic treat.
6. Black licorice. With just a few ingredients you can make your own black licorice that will rival store brands.
7. Glazed nuts. Sour cream and mixed nuts baked together – what could be simpler?
8. Chocolate covered cherry cordials. A classic sweet treat, you can get everything you need to make your own from a local candy supply or over the web.
9. Dark chocolate matzo brittle. Made with simple ingredients like matzo crackers, dark chocolate and almonds, this unique treat is fast and simple, yet perfect for holiday parties.
10. Plain chocolate truffles. Made with just chocolate and eggs, these are so simple yet so satisfying they’ll become a staple.
About The Author:
Gilles Cailleaux is the Owner & Master Confectioner at By Gilles, an online French candy store based in Orange County, California. They sell traditional French confections called Calissons from Provence. Gilles is always ready to share his 25 years plus experience of candy making and baking with everyone and want to hear about your experience with his calissons. Gilles and his team are sensitive about taste and harmony. They prepare your packages with special care and attention.