9 Great Ideas to Celebrate a Memorable Retirement Party September 22 2014, 0 Comments
Retirement is something many people look forward to and for most employees, it should be a celebration. After all, retirement means more freedom and the ability to spend your golden years doing whatever it is that really excites you.
If you’re throwing a retirement party, use any of these 9 great ideas to make a memorable one nobody will forget soon:
1. Make Retirement Party Invitations. Don’t just tell people in your office about the event! Chances are they’ll forget. Try making fun invitation cards.
2. Go for a Karaoke Party. You can do this in the office or at a local karaoke bar after work if there’s one nearby.
3. Make a Retirement Playlist for the Party. Songs like “The Best is Yet to Come” by Frank Sinatra and “Everybody’s Workin’ for the Weekend” by Loverboy are great candidates. Keep them retirement-themed if at all possible.
4. Don’t Forget the Food. A retirement party should definitely include some food, especially if you’re going to hold it in the office where people are pretty much confined. You don’t know other people’s schedules and they may be ready for dinner if the party is after work.
5. Plan Party Games. Even games like pin the tail on the donkey can be fun in an adult party setting.
6. Do Something That the Retiree Likes. You can even plan a day trip if you’re only going to be inviting close personal friends.
7. Have a Big Dinner. Make reservations ahead of time and don’t let the retiree pay.
8. Play ‘Name That Hobby.’ Everybody picks a new hobby for the retiree and puts it in a hat or box anonymously. Read them out loud.
9. Try a Local Bar. Nothing beats a celebratory cocktail after a lifetime of work.
About The Author:
Gilles Cailleaux is the Owner & Master Confectioner at By Gilles, an online French candy store based in Orange County, California. They sell traditional French confections called Calissons from Provence. Gilles is always ready to share his 25 years plus experience of candy making and baking with everyone and want to hear about your experience with his calissons. Gilles and his team are sensitive about taste and harmony. They prepare your packages with special care and attention.